Sebastopol Charter School COVID-19 Dashboard
All confirmed positive COVID-19 incidents related to Sebastopol Charter School (SCS) will be posted to this page. For the purposes of this dashboard, SCS is distinguishing between school-based cases and community-based cases. Starting in January, we will have two separate columns for every month in the table below:
“S.B.” School-Based cases:
- a. school-based cases will potentially impact individuals’ health and wellness at our school or office because there may be site-related exposure OR a positive case was on campus during an infectious period
- b. a school-based case MAY cause classroom closure or other precautionary measures
- c. we will follow the Sonoma County Office of Eduction Guidelines around isolating and notifying close contacts, as needed
Known “C.B.” Community-Based cases:
- a. community-based cases DO NOT impact individuals’ health and wellness at our school or office because no one at the site was in close contact with the positive individual during the infectious period. Per the CDC definition, this means no one at the site was within 6 feet of the infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to test specimen collection) until the time the patient was isolated
- b. this dashboard will include all known community-based cases related to SCS; this dashboard may not reflect all community-based cases involving our staff and students because SCS relies on notification from public health or self-reporting from staff or families
- c. we will follow the Sonoma County Office of Education Guidelines around isolating the positive case, as needed
The Dashboard is updated at least once a week and when we are notified of confirmed cases.
*Important Note: SCS does not wait to notify close contacts upon initial report of a positive case. However, we do wait for official confirmation from the public health department before listing the case on this dashboard. This could result in a delay of cases appearing on this dashboard or a discrepancy between the number of notifications received and actual number of confirmed cases (when the case is not confirmed positive by public health).
If your child has symptoms or fever, please keep them home.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
– Fever or chills
– Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
– Muscle or body aches
– New loss of taste or smell
– Sore throat
– Congestion or runny nose
– Nausea or vomiting
Look for emergency warning signs for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
– Trouble breathing
– Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
– New confusion
– Inability to wake or stay awake
– Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
Call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
Below is a chart to help navigate the Sonoma County Department of Health guidance. Someone from the school will contact you if you report illness or fever.
COVID-19 Testing Sites & Information
Sebastopol Charter School offers free weekly PCR testing each Wednesday from 3-5pm. If you have not registered, please do so here. Once you are registered, you do not need to re-register each week.