Our Main Lottery is Closed. We encourage you to sign up for our Late Lottery for 2021-2022. All school enrollment tours are over, please check back with us next September.
All students residing in the state of California are eligible for admission to Sebastopol Charter, A Public Waldorf School.
As requests for students to enroll in our school exceed the number of available seats, our Kindergartens and Grades are filled through a Lottery application. This is in accordance with California Education Code as it applies to Charter Schools and our school’s enrollment policy (see below).
Parents of prospective students are strongly encouraged to attend a school tour prior to the lottery date. This year we are offering several Virtual Enrollment Events and Tours so you can learn more about our school and curriculum which is guided by the Core Principles of Public Waldorf Education.
The Enrollment Process
Enrollment Lottery Applications are now available on our website. The Lottery will be held at 3:30 pm on March 8 2020. The DEADLINE for your application to be considered is 4pm on Feb. 26, 2020.
Application and Lottery
Helpful Information about our Lottery and Admission Process
In order to be considered for enrollment in Kindergarten, students must turn 5 years old by December 2nd of the year enrolling. Students who turn 5 by June 1 attend one year of Kindergarten. Students who turn 5 between June 2 and December 2 (inclusive), attend two years of Kindergarten. Grade assignment by Age for 1st-8th click here.
- If applying for Kindergarten, attend our Annual Kindergarten Orientation and Virtual Open House on Feb. 6 , 9-11 am (Parents Only).
- You are invited to spend a very special morning with our two Kindergarten teachers and learn about Waldorf education and what is so unique about our Program.
- Sign Up for Annual Kindergarten Event
- Attend an Enrollment Virtual Tour (Parents Only).
- Submit Enrollment Lottery Application by filling out our Online 2021-22 Enrollment Lottery Application. The Filing Deadline is 4pm on Feb.26, 2020. Click on Application and Lottery Button above.
- For more information email the Enrollment Coordinator at [email protected]
Enrollment Admissions Policy
The lottery will be held at 3:30 on March 8 at our school, as required by law and according to our school’s charter with preference given in the following order :
- Presently enrolled students (do not need to enter Lottery)
- Children of school staff members (do not need to enter Lottery)
- Siblings of currently enrolled students
- Children who live in the Sebastopol Union School District (to check your district, go here: District Look-up) *policy explained below
- All other students residing in California
An applicant stays on the appropriate waiting list for the year you applied, after which time you need to submit another application. We do not carry our waiting lists forward to the next year.
For those seeking more information about education guided by the Core Principles of Public Waldorf Education, please view our Curriculum pages or visit our Charter Notes and News where helpful videos and articles related to Waldorf Education are listed.
- In-District Residence Requirements Board Policy: The student’s primary residence as of the date or their application AND as of the date of their submission of their completed enrollment packet lies within SUSD. The in-district residence has been the student’s primary residence for at least one month prior to the admission lottery, or the family otherwise demonstrates an intention to continue long-term residency within SUSD. The student’s family provides proof of residency by providing the school with two formal documents.
Vaccination Requirements for New Enrollment and Continued Enrollment
All families are required to be in compliance with SB277 and SB276
They apply to all students who are :
(1) entering TK/Kindergarten for the first time, or
(2) entering 7th Grade, or
(3) transferring from out-of state, or
(4) do not have a Medical Exemption (ME) on file with a California school or
(5) have a previous medical exemption (ME) but are entering a new grade span (TK/K or 7th grade)
Students who have a ME on file with a California school prior to December 31, 2020 will have to meet the CDPH requirements by the time they are ready to enter the next grade span (either Kindergarten or 7th grade).
If your child is not fully immunized prior to enrollment, CDPH regulations allow for “conditional admission.” What this requires is:
(1) Your child receives at least the first dose of all required vaccines prior to admission;
(2) Your child not be currently due for any doses at the time of admission; and
(3) Your child completes all the remaining doses when they become due in accordance with the official “Conditional Admission Immunization Schedule for Grade K-12.”
If a student is “conditionally admitted” and does not receive the remaining doses when due, the law states that the student must be excluded from attending school.
Full details of the CDPH Immunization Requirements can be found at: www.shotsforschool.org
Sebastopol Charter shall be nonsectarian in its programs, admission policies, employment practices, and all other operations, shall not charge tuition, and shall not discriminate against any person on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, race, gender, disability, or any other characteristic designated in SB777 and as set forth in Section 47605(d) of the Education Code.